Thursday, November 18, 2010

Coaching and work

I do not have a personal life this week. Cheerleading has swallowed up every minute of my time before and after school for this month, as I had expected of course. I leave for work at 6:45 am and get home at 10:30 pm. The nights are not horrible, they can even be fun actually, but I can sense the exhaustion building up. The little cheerleaders are tired too. Work has compounded life: overwhelmed with grading artwork and more importantly dealing with misbehavior. I still have to get through tonight, and believe me I am not happy about doing this on Friday night as well. Next week; more of the same before Thanksgiving.

I am really looking forward to the end of my duties as a coach only because: I need sleep! It really has gone too far when sports force students and teachers both to operate on 6-7 hours of sleep per night for a month. I enjoy the time, but it is not balanced or moderately scheduled. Enough of that anyway.........

I am moved into Darrin's house, and after a frustrating ordeal with shampooing carpet, we have unpacked and reorganized. The house looks good and smells good now. We can also now eat in the kitchen and start doing the regular routine. So pleasant :) If only I were home to enjoy the new space.

No comments:

Post a Comment