Sunday, February 27, 2011

Springfield and Seattle here I come :)

So this week I am combining two of my absolute favorite things: Art and Travel!!!! First I spend this weekend in Springfield, MO at the MAEA Art Conference. I stay with my cousin Ashley, thanks Ash! Thursday I go to two workshops, one on printmaking with clay and the other on plaster in the classroom. Friday's schedule is packed starting at 8 am with more art sessions and workshops, including a nude drawing session.....Yes! hahaha just like on tv, maybe it will be Will Ferrell style :) (Sat night live reference). Friday night I get to meet up with some old college galpals for dinner and for the First Friday artwalk. I cant wait! I def need these trips in March.

My second trip is two weeks later, the National Art Conference in Seattle. Much more of the same but with a thriving new experience and location. I am staying at the City Hostel Seattle which features murals and an art gallery within. It is also walking distance to the Space Needle and bus stop which will take me to all the local museums. The amount of art conference sessions just on the first day in Seattle is overwhelming. I have hundreds to choose from daily. I have a feeling these two conferences will boost my career in an unimaginable way. I will probably bring a million ideas home to my classroom and school Art department, and also to enliven my career. There is a small tinge of sadness when I think of all the ideas it will bring to my classroom; because the school admin refused to help assist in any way of the costs. Not even the two hundred dollar registration fee..... But I should not complain here, perhaps this is not the place. At the same time, I am never one to sit and smolder silently forever. I need explanation, information, and hope for the future; which I will find on my own if I have to :)

There should be tons of ideas, pictures, and great stories to come after these two great oppportunities....

No comments:

Post a Comment