Thursday, October 27, 2011

Eurotrip 2012!



I visited friends and family in kc last weekend, and they are all going through important transitions! I helped all three of my besties pack their belongings, which was lucky because they all gave me some stylish clothing! One of them is moving in with her significant other, one was leaving, and another took a job in Dallas. I even got to help her load her car and see her off :) It was all very exciting! For the weekend I had packed my own little suitcase knowing I might stay for three days, and I did. I ended up bringing lots of belongings home in my car to keep and helping move.



I needed that little mini trip for a couple reasons, one to catch up with the girls before I missed too much of their lives, second to help deal with my own travel withdrawal haha.


I also got to see my bro n wife, pet Titus, and jog and swim some laps. What is it about traveling that makes me exercise so religiously? I dunno but it feels Goooood. Kendra had an amazing rooftop pool at her condo, and Tino n kel both just left the best neighborhood to jog in. Sad that I won't be in either of those places probably again, but that's how life changes isn't it? It's crazy.



One of the neatest things I got from the girls this weekend is the tentative plan to backpack Europe this summer. We had mentioned it before, but they seemed serious about it this time. So I sent out a travel email, we picked a month, July 2012, which is only a short 8 months away!



In order to make this happen, we all have to save up LOTS of money, plan, make arrangements for bills, belongings, and PETS! Thank god we dont have kids, cuz I'm already worried that pet care will stop us :) I am serious about getting a second job to raise more money, and possibly eliminating my February vacation from the calendar. That way I can apply my tax refund as well. Doesn't this sound exciting? I also know, once my heart is set, I will have to go even if all the girls back out, which would be incredibly depressing. Our serious planning will start new years eve when we all meet up again, the holidays are over, taxes ahead, and only 6 months left. Unfortunately I can't start my second job until January, which is after coaching cheerleading. How stupid is it that I could make more travel funds working at mcdonalds than coaching sports at school? That's why schools are crazy sometimes. That's also why they literally have to FORCE teachers to do it, because they are asking us to work double overtime for FREE. Okay, end of soapbox, and back to happy thoughts of traveling :) arrggh.



Sooo, today I bought the rest of our holiday plane tickets. Darrin and i fly to south padre on Christmas night, stay five days, then fly to dallas dec 30th, rock it out with Tino for her 30th on new years eve!, then we fly home Sunday, and bleehhhh, back to work on January 2nd. One things leads to another though, because it seems these 30th birthday destination parties are going to lead up to our year of traveling Europe, while we are all 30 years old. What better way to celebrate getting old?? Till next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment