Monday, March 12, 2012

In a better place

Woa, is it possible that my calendar is already filled up to August 4th???? What happened to my lazy summer? Oh, yeah, Europe!

I'm relieved to report that trip planning is more than halfway finished. Kelly p and I have worked super hard to get flights lined up and paid for. It's a huge time commitment to plan a trip like this, believe me! Saving up money is only half the work, trip planning can overwhelm.

So, after my exhaustion and breakdown from overworking myself lately, which I clearly saw coming! I decided it's important that I put all things aside and make time to indulge myself. Really. I need to jog. I need to sleep. I need to read a book. I need to clean my house. I need to spend some time just sitting, resting, or being outdoors. No matter how many things are on the to do list, there are moments when you gotta turn off the phone and disappear. Friday was one of those moments. I was stressed, people weren't doing what I hoped, I had been completely go go go for days, and after the distressed phone call to mom, what would I do without her??? I completely disregarded her advice, lol, and went to the park. I jogged for thirty minutes, then did some sprints, and then had some of my little students follow me like Forrest gump . . It was hilarious. They all yell, look! It's miss Ragland!! Hey, look! Then of course, they are running in a herd with you. Luckily I had already finished the bulk of my workout. They thought it was odd that I was sweating, and pointed out exact beads of sweat, lol. I raced them, bid them farewell, and returned to work the rest of the evening.

It was enough to get me through the next day. Sunday, I had to request some time off, and I'm so glad I did. I cleaned, cooked, read, and recuperated. Now, time to get caught up at school, grading, and pack for the weekend. Preparing for a vacation is a lot of work, whether a big trip like Europe which takes months, or a weekend mini vacation like Phoenix, which takes a few hours, they are all worth it. This Friday I will be standing at the top of an Arizona mountain with Kelly and Darrin. Saturday we will be looking at the rainbow of colors across the grand canyon. It's sooooo worth all the trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment