Sunday, July 15, 2012

Adventures in Greece

Adventures in Greece

I usually get inspired to visit a place when I see a movie that was filmed there. My trip to Cuba was inspired by Dirty Dancing 2. My desire to visit greece was spurred by an even more embarrassing movie: Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. Yep. I saw scenes of stair stepped cliffside white and blue buildings surrounded by cobblestone and blue ocean. It was the most beautiful film set, and I will be honest me and my college roomies enjoyed the traveling pants too, ha. Interesting they are both sequels, hmmm.

Greece turned out to be exactly as I hoped. As soon as we arrived I was high on everything, the language, the way people look, the Acropolis, the food. I drank Mythos beer, ate gyros, swam in the ocean, shopped, and met people.

Kelly and I stayed our first two nights in Athens, our third night in Mykonos town, and fourth and fifth nights by the beach. I want to go back big time. We had spats with the post office lady, I got heat rash on the Acropolis, and we partied a little too hard, but it was all worth it.

A couple things we enjoyed: never getting carded anywhere in Europe when buying a drink and walking around town with your drink in your hand. Sometimes, adults are treated like adults and everything is just fine isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment