Sunday, July 1, 2012

First stop: Dublin

I'm in Dublin! It's our first day here. We flew overnight, walked to our hostel in south Dublin, ate sandwiches and chips with garlic mayonnaise, drank a guinness in an old Irish pub, and napped already. Dublin is chilly, cloudy, quaint, small (compared to New York), and historic. It's full of Europeans. It also feels Extremely safe. Just leaving New York City, I look at this quaint town full of tourists and youth, and feel no threat from strangers. I like that. I don't like the cool temperatures.

My dad, he is around 57 years old, joined us for the first leg of this trip. He is well traveled and helped us along with currency exchange, postage stamps, and ground transportation. It's nice having him, and his polite demeanor makes so happy. What's funny about him is that he is already kicking our butts (Kelly and I) in terms of experiences. He went straight to his first destination, St. Patrick's Cathedral, for mass, while Kelly and I lumbered around in an exhausted condition looking for beer and food. After that, Kelly and I spent two hours sleeping in our room while my dad has already made friends with some lads and joined them for beer and soccer at a nearby pub. Ha! Way to show us up pops. We may join him soon.


3 comments:

  1. Jenny,
    I'm glad you are having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so kool Jenny. Keep the pics and blogs coming. ~Uncle Dale.

    ReplyDelete