Friday, November 23, 2012

Homemade Christmas Gifts

They say the best way to learn something is to teach it. It's true, because I have learned so much from teaching Art. It has kept me accountable to keep making things, keep being creative, and keep learning new things. In college I specialized in painting and drawing, but what I have been able to do with sculpture, ceramics, printmaking, and fiber arts has been experimentally fun. The variety and new things are usually the best.

Last year I posted pictures of the prints I made for family for Christmas, and this year I have started new gifts. I thought I might share the process as I go along, even though it will ruin the surprise for my loved ones :) That is if they actually read my blog haha.

Below is the Royals painting, in progress, for Danny.
Also, a couple clay pots I'm working on, and a snapshot of the basement art studio. The red clay has to dry out so that's why it's sitting in pieces on the table.
Another note, the pots are hand built, not wheel thrown, so that's my excuse for their asymmetry and lumpiness :)
The best thing about these projects is that they feel like a beginning to a whole new level of creative output, hopefully beyond the Holidays.











No comments:

Post a Comment