Thursday, November 22, 2012

Teacher Samples

I never did announce that I switched schools this year. A rare opportunity opened up in my hometown at the end of the summer, and though I had not planned on switching districts, it kinda just happened. I was in Switzerland riding the train along Lake Geneva and a friend contacted me; he said this is something you might want to look into so I did. A few days later I was phone interviewing, resigning from my old post, and the wheels just kept turning. By the time I landed back in Missouri I had a new job.

Both districts are great to work for but the chance to work for my alma mater, save gas money, and work with friends has been nice. Getting adjusted to the larger school has been tough but rewarding. In this post I would like to share my "teacher samples" of some of the projects I have taught. I teach only 9th graders this year and have gotten into the habit of making the project myself while they work on theirs. Also, I'm including an image of our "failed" project :) I don't recommend printmaking on a textured background, only a few of the kids had good results on that one. Thankfully the next project was redeeming and successful.













No comments:

Post a Comment